Friday, January 14, 2011

Response to Karisa

I read this sad post on Karisa’s blog and I think that the parting of Karisa and her friend’s relationship is a both their faults since they didn’t find time to hang out with each other.
“It didn't seem to make sense, but I didn't really feel comfortable asking her in front of those people. Anyways, the rest of the time was really awkward because they were talking about things they'd done together and i felt like a major fourth wheel.Now, I haven't talked to this friend in a really long time. I miss her, but she doesn't really seem to care. It's kind of sad because she was one of my closest friends in middle school and now we never talk. Just like the quote said "[People] end up having nothing to say to each other, even if they were best friends the year before."”
I think that how Karisa’s friend made new friends wasn’t a bad thing since she and Karisa didn’t really communicate and bond as much as before. It doesn’t really matter if they used to be really good friends if they never really talked to each other anymore. Memories are nice to reminisce about, but having fresh stuff to do and talk about is undeniably more fun.

I remember when I wanted to talk to my old friends in Australia, but I thought about what I would say to them. I would just probably talk for a few minutes about how they were doing, and just say goodbye. That is why I have learned to forget about people I would never need to see again. I don’t even bother chatting with my old friends since it would only waste time that I could be spending on friends that I do see on a regular basis. Their useless memories would just dwell in my mind, wasting my energy to think about them. I won’t hate on a person who does keep in touch with their old friends, but I, personally, would not spend my time living in the past over the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment