Friday, October 8, 2010

Response to Tiffany

I have quotes from Tiffany's blog that I can terribly relate to, shamefully:
First of all, why do we swear? We swear to get our anger out. Usually I would swear because of things that can be ridiculous to me. I remember one time I was watching Mythbusters about something of why we swear. It said that we swear to release stress. So that answers my second questions, we swear to release stress. Some other people say, that they swear because it gives them pride. What pride is that? If I had a habit of not swearing, I would be happy.
 My bad habit of swearing has offended everybody around me, including my relatives, teachers, friends, and their parents. The swear words I use just have a way of running out of my mouth. They sometimes sneak out even without me knowing and noticing for a few seconds. I think that people like me swear because it seems like such a simple but effective type of way of speaking your mind. Most people know it, and it is so easy to say, that it becomes used everyday. Ordinarily, I swear when I am really irritated or hyper into the extreme. When in those stages, my mind tells me that I can say whatever I want, and to anyone I want. Shamefully, I used to use swear words as a way to show that I am mature, but now that I know that this is just plain childish. The habit I had has stayed with me, even after trying to abolish and commission it to leave. When out of school, my medial curse words amount to 4-10 per minute. This may seem a lot, but I could regularly fit at least two swear words in a sentence. I admit they don't make sense to normal people, but they sure make sense to me.
Instead of saying F*** you, why not just say forget you? 
 Normally, when I am with people that are easily offended or I don't know, I use words suitable to all ears, but when I get irritated at someone or something, some curse words slip out. I usually have a way of not swearing in front of most parents, children, and girls, but I have such a close relationship to these simple words that it might accidentally slip out of my mouth. I don't speak foully in front of parents for they might get offended and judge me for a rebel. I would never intentionally swear to children since I know how these are words that should never be learned , and bear that my habits are the reason a child is cussing to people, thinking it is cool. For some weird reason though, I don't use cuss words when I talk to most girls. I have noticed that I contain some kind of switch that turns my swearing off when I talk to people I first meet. I think that in my brain, I know people generally don't like others cussing, so it temporarily erases swear words out of my mind, letting me talk in a nicer tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment